Japan: Inspiring…

One thing that I haven’t mentioned is that I am obsessed with Japanese culture and way of life. Not only do I like anime and mangas, but I LOVE Japanese food and style of fashion.

However one of the main reason is the open-mindedness of the country. Now I’m going to come out a little to prove my point, but personally, I feel that I am too open-minded… I get frustrated really easily when someone says something wrong or misplaced about someone being different. One main example would be homosexual people. I have grown up in a family where I have learned that it is just as normal to like the same gender as to like the opposite. When I come into a school where some people have religions which go against the ideal I grew up with I have trouble handling that. And my religion isn’t as accepting of the idea either but happiness comes first in my world. Anyways, Japan is super open-minded and if I were to go there or live there, I feel that even if I don’t speak Japanese just the fact that I’m in an open-minded society I would feel at home.

For example, the other day I came across an article on SnapChat were they were talking about ‘genderless teens’ in Japan. Technically there were teens of any gender who would wear what they want. Both boys and/or girls could wear skirts or dresses. They could wear anything they wanted, freely. When I read this I felt like I could live in a society with people like that, not being genderless myself though. It was the most inspiring thing I had read in a long time.

I also have family in Japan, my mom’s cousin, who is an anime/ manga creator. He took part in the creation of shows such as Code Lyoko, and he is the creator of the space ship “Aloha” in Space Dandy.
Currently he has fun recreating his children’s drawings:

I don’t remember the last time I saw him or my distant cousins, and I would love to get to know them…